Yuneec has just formerly launched their latest version of the H520 multi-rotor, this time with the addition of an impressive RTK module for even more precise positioning, centimetre perfect.
The commercial Hexacopter H520 is now available with one of the fastest and most reliable RTK systems in the world, developed by the award-winning Swiss company Fixposition.
Fully integrated into the H520, it ensures the highest precision and the fastest possible operational readiness even under difficult GPS conditions like in cities, canyons or forests.
- RTK (Real Time Kinematic) module for high accuracy relative positioning: 1 cm + ppm horizontal / 1.5 cm + ppm vertical.
- Keep cm precision even in GNSS challenging environments (e.g. between high buildings)
- Ideal for faster and more precise mapping (e.g. complex surveying, inspections, mapping, 3D displays)
- 5 Hz update rate of position, velocity and time
- Fully integrated to YUNEEC H520
- All data including raw GNSS data and real time solution can be logged on board – ready for PPK (Post Processed Kinematics)
- Support signals of up to 3 GNSS constellations among GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou
- Compatible with all existing Yuneec H520 camera payloads
- Network RTK or Base Station required
- RTK module available separately or in combination with the H520 (The separate purchase of the module requires professional installation by the Yuneec service team)
Thanks to Real Time Kinematics satellite navigation the new H520 RTK will be able to fly and hover in the air with centimetre accuracy, enabling extremely precise repetitive photos, faster 3D mapping and automated inspection flights with increased accuracy.
Available as a complete system, or upgrade…
The H520 RTK will not only be available as a complete system – your existing H520 can also be upgraded by our service team to an RTK version, with the same technical features as the complete system.
The RTK module is fully integrated into the H520 hardware and software. RTK Operators still have the full range of functions of the DataPilot software. All data (including raw GNSS data) can be logged on board, which means the system is also ready for PPK (Post Processed Kinematics).
RTK reduces image overlaps, resulting in shorter flight and calculation times, and also reducing the number of images required. Inspections can be much closer to the desired object thanks to centimetre-precise flight. This precision is also a great advantage when comparing several images taken on different days, for example to document construction-site progress.
Dual positioning for centimetre-precise…
The system works with 2 components, an RTK module on board of the H520 and a base station. In less than 30 seconds it can reach centimetre-precise accuracy, even under challenging GPS conditions (with respect to the base station).
In situations where the base station isn’t desired, and absolute global centimetre-precise accuracy is required, the system can also be operated with a network RTK reference station (Network RTK through third party provider, needs an internet connection, additional fees may apply).
How much does it cost…
The H520 RTK will be available in the second quarter of 2019 in different configurations: as a complete system including the H520 airframe and RTK module, for $3199 (approximately $2,443) and as an upgrade for existing H520 customers for $1699 (approximately £1,297).
For more information, visit the Yuneec website here.
Be sure to join the DroningON Discussion Group for the latest news, reviews, exclusives and interviews from the drone industry!