All drones want to aspire to be a DJI Mavic and the new Visuo XS809H is no exception. This budget drone does not have a GPS nor a complex IMU but it is cheap, great fun to fly and solid in the air.
There are many sub-versions of this new little drone, we have reviewed the latest sub-model named the ‘XS809H-W-HD-G‘. Ensure that if buying this quadcopter that you buy the same sub-model as this is the one which has the 2.0mbpx camera and auto take-off and landing, the other models only have a 0.3mbpx camera and lack other elements of functionality.
Watch our video review…
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel to be the first to watch our exclusive reviews of new drones.
- Cheap and cheerful, this quad is great fun and a pleasure to fly.
- Its well built, the construction is lightweight but durable.
- Flight time is so impressive for a 1s 900mAh battery at around 10 minutes.
- The transmitter is responsive, comfortable and proportional.
- Its stable and solid in the air, despite being lightweight, at no stage did this quad hesitate or feel unbalanced.
- Includes spare props and even prop guards.
- The SD card slot seems to be quite fussy so do some testing with your SD cards to ensure that they work in this drone, otherwise you might lose out on video opportunities.
- No GPS positioning and so it won’t position hold, but for the price its not really a surprise.
- The live feed may not work with the WiFi 720 app, use the WiFi UFO app instead.
Where to buy…
Or if you are not buying on a budget, then instead consider buying a real DJI Mavic Pro/Platinum.
Be sure to join the DroningON Discussion Group for the latest news, reviews, exclusives and interviews from the drone industry.