When ordering new batteries for your quadcopter, they will rarely arrive with the connector that you need, fortunately it is simple and easy to change those connectors, this guide will show you how.
How to solder/replace RC plugs…
In this video guide, we will demonstrate how to change and solder EC2/EC3 connectors, these plugs provide a solid and reliable connection with capacity to handle fairly high loads.
Many RTF quadcopters such as the Walkera Rodeo 150 and Rodeo 110 ship with EC2 connectors, therefore if ordering non-Walkera batteries it is likely that you will need to change the connectors yourself.
Click below to watch the video guide and be sure to click SUBSCRIBE to support our YouTube channel.
What do you need…
Most quadcopter/drone enthusiasts will already have many of the parts required, however if not then we recommend the following:
- EC2 Plugs (1 x Male/Female Pair) – [BangGood]
- EC2 Plugs (5 x Male/Female Pairs) – [BangGood]
- EC2 Plugs (10 x Male/Female Pairs) – [BangGood]
- Solder Station Helping Hands – [BangGood] [GearBest]
- Soldering Iron (Mains) – [BangGood] [GearBest]
- Solder (with Flux Core) – [BangGood] [GearBest]
- 7.4v (2s) 550mAh Lipo Battery – [BangGood]
Be sure to join the DroningON Discussion Group for the latest reviews, news, exclusives, interviews and product reviews.