The DJI Phantom and Mavic drones are capable of capturing superb footage but Neutral Density Filters (ND Filters) are cheap, easy to use and can improve the end result substantially.
Part 1 – Introduction to ND Filters…
In the first video of this two-part series, we cover the following topics:
- Introduction to ND (Neutral Density) Filters for your drone.
- Understanding Frame Rate, ISO, Shutter Speed and Exposure.
- How to choose which ND Filter to use with your DJI Phantom.
Part 2 – Guide to Using ND Filters…
In the second video of this two-part series, we cover the following topics:
- How to fit an ND Filter to the DJI Phantom.
- Video Comparison With ND Filter and Without ND Filter.
- ND Filter Checklist and Summary.
Buy an ND Filter…
We utilised a high-quality DJI Neutral Density 4 (ND4) filter for our tests, this is the most useful of the ND filter range and you can purchase one now via the following links:
We hope that this series has been useful and we encourage you to share your ND filter related stories by commenting below!
Very few drone operators are aware of the benefits provided by ND Filters, so please also SHARE these videos.
You can also join the online discussion now by joining the DroningON Discussion Group.